Anne Keller, a former Crystal Mountain ski patroller, has moved up in the world. She’s leading heli-ski trips for Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing. As you can imagine, of all the Shangri-la jobs available to one-time ski patrollers, being a heli-ski guide is at the top of the list. Anne doesn’t just want to ski powder all day; she also wants to share it with you. Anne’s one-of-a-kind. You can read more about her, and check out her awesomeness, in Freeskier Magazine.
She’s offering two Women’s Retreats this winter in January and March. Not only is this a great opportunity to ski with Anne and other like-minded women, it’s also cheaper than going with the guys. I recently wrote an article about how there simply isn’t enough women heli-skiing. It should be on any skiers bucket list. Furthermore, the conditions up in Revelstoke are good right now. So if you’re a women who likes to ski powder, aren’t booked in January, and want a trip of a lifetime, this is it.
- Unlimited vertical over three days – great value!
- Three nights accommodation based on double occupancy at the Hillcrest Hotel, a Coast Resort
- Meals: full buffet breakfast, gourmet mountain lunch, après ski snacks, and dinner
- Barryvox Pulse avalanche transceiver and related safety equipment
- Backcountry safety briefing and beacon training
- Powder ski or snowboard rental
- ACMG / IFMGA guiding services
- EXTRA Pampering: Women’s specific powder performance ski or snowboard rental, Pink STHS t-shirt, Mini-Pedi or Mini-Mani with Martinis at the Repose Massage Therapy and Day Spa, morning or evening Yoga (optional), $50 will be donated by STHS to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation for each package sold.
Available on January 7-10 or March 10-13, 2012. Three days starting from $2,960 pp.
Call 1.800.663.7080 to book.
Anne Keller, a Washington native, has been climbing since 1985, and has been guiding since 1995. Her guiding experience includes over 50 ascents of Mt. Rainier, several expeditions to the Alaska Range, and numerous routes in the North Cascades, the Sierras, and the Tetons. She has established new routes in the North Cascades, led an expedition to the Pantheon Range, and she is proud to have completed the popular ski mountaineering objectives: the Forbidden Traverse, and the Spearhead Traverse — each in a day. Anne was recently featured in Freeskier Magazine, highlighting her achievement of becoming the AMGA’s sixth female ski mountaineering guide.